How to delete or deactivate your Instagram account because you are tired of the app or think it’s a distraction, then we have all the information you need! In fact, there could be many reasons why you would want to deactivate or delete Instagram account. Just like Facebook and other social media platforms, Instagram also provides you with the option to deactivate or delete your account. Deactivating Instagram account will make the account stop working temporarily, while delete option will permanently remove your profile as well as photos, videos, comments, likes, and followers. You should delete Instagram account only if you’ve decided to move on from the social networking app completely — once the account is deleted there is no way of bringing it back!
How to delete an Instagram Account
1. Log in to your account on instagram.com from a computer or mobile browser. Unfortunately, you can’t disable your account from the Instagram app.
2. Click on the person icon in the upper right-hand corner to access your profile.
3. Click “Edit Profile.”
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Temporarily disable my account” in the bottom left-hand corner.
5. Once on that page, choose an answer from the drop-down menu under “Why are you disabling your account?”
6. Re-enter your password.
7. After you’ve entered your password, a “Temporarily Disable Account” button will appear.
Click it and your account will be deactivated until you choose to reactivate it. It may take a few hours for this to take effect.